Sunday, February 13, 2011

Black Boy

I found it really interesting when Richard's grandma thought that he saw and angel and announced it to the whole church.  He said that he felt sorry for the elder because he had hope that he did see something.  The way I interpret the feelings that the church had in that moment was utter joy.  I think because they all have a very strict religious life, to actually see or hear about something that justifies everything they do and believe was what they were looking for.  Him seeing an angel would have made them think that it was all worthwhile.  To see how the grandmother was so happy and then disillusioned.  Even after she had the hope that he would pray and go to God.
I like the way that Richard says that he would believe if he felt it or saw something that would prove to him that there is a God. I know that for me personally because it was never forced for me to pray or practice religion I need to feel it or see something amazing so that I can even think that there's a God.  If I saw an angel or a miracle like he says than I think I wouldn't question anymore either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment